- 8 22, 2018
- |Mold Inspection
- No Comments
You shoud understand what mold is and why it grows. Every kind of mold is a fungus, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is toxic to humans is rare in the fungus world, meaning most kinds aren't dangerous. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold in your home or business must be mitigated and completely removed.
Because of unknown risk levels, you should almost always contact a commercial mold removal Coker AL company if you find discover mold in your home. When you see any large mold growth, however, it's a good idea to call for help from professional mold damage cleanup. They can help you test for mold spots in other spots around the structure using tools such as measurement devices and laboratory kits and more.
Before you contact mold cleanup specialists, the first step is to prevent the mold from growing. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Then, work to stop the dripping or condensation that brought the mold in the first place. For example, fix leaky faucets or dry out standing water if you can. The next step is to contain the mold in as small an area as possible. You could tape off the room with plastic sheeting, for example.
Now, you're ready to decide if you need to get professional help. Consider not only the mold area, but also any aggravating health issues you have. Allergy or asthma sufferers who have trouble breathing, for example, should not perform mold cleanup activities.
Once you've made the decision, there are important steps to take in either direction. If you're going at it alone, begin with gathering proper equipment and clothing. You'll need non-ventilated goggles, clothes that are easy to launder and that cover your extremities, a mold-safe mask and mold-approved gloves that reach at least to your forearms. You should also get new disposable sponges and a disposable tarp or two that can help trap the mold you get off. Health officials agree that you should never leave unpainted drywall that is moldy anywhere because it can't be cleaned well enough. A note on cleaning with bleach: Skip it. Chlorine bleach doesn't work as well other cleaners and often doesn't kill mold. Bleach is bad to breathe, especially if it's ever mixed with substances such as Windex, which contains ammonia. You can get better alternatives at the hardware store.
If you're worried enough about mold problems to research, you will want certified a professional mold removal company. For example, don't choose a company focused in humid climates.
Before you hire any expert, check that they are licensed and registered properly and that they are certified by organizations such as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection.
You need to clean up any mold growth you come across to prevent further mold damage, and do it now. If not, parasitic fungi will keep eating on your home or business and can ruin your possessions. Some molds, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause major health risks ranging from neurological damage to breathing problems and mold-related illnesses and ongoing ill health. Mycotoxins can be especially harmful to babies and kinds
The ideal way to mitigate your mold problem is to get professional mold removal help. Don't wait another minute.